Sunday, January 5, 2020


Kindergarten Newsletter
January 6th - January 10th 

I am so excited to be back! I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! We are entering the second half of kindergarten and we are about to bloom. We’ve spent the first half of the year planting seeds, adding water, plenty of sunshine, and now we are ready to BLOOM!! We are going to spend this week working with short –at words, reviewing sight words, and starting our second benchmark testing. In math, we’ll work on reviewing numbers 0-20. ON January 15th, we are planning on going to Auburn University for a STEM day. I took the kindergarteners last year and it was one of our favorite field trips! I’m going to be sending home two waivers that the school needs a week in advanced. PLEASE sign those and send them right back so I can get them in to them. We’ll basically leave school at 8ish, meet at the college, tour, do fun magic, eat lunch, and come back home.  I’ll send a form home with all the details very soon! For the new year we are going to be making a kindergarten time capsule for us to open when we are seniors! It’s going to be such a fun and special thing. I just need a shoebox and for you to fill out the information that I’m sending home. J


Sight Words:

red, orange, yellow, the, a, green, blue, is, go, purple, pink, white, black, had, I , see, brown, he, and, gray, has, you, we, of, am, it, at, to, as, have, in, is
Spelling Words:
           No words this week but we’ll have some next week. Just wanted to put this here so you’ll know where to look. 

Upcoming Events:
•1/6- WELCOME BACK!
•1/8- forms for Auburn field trip due : I have to scan them in and send them to Auburn today!
•1/13- time capsule stuff due
•1/13- pom pom practice
•1/14- pom pom game – 6pm – dressed and ready to go!
•1/15- Auburn STEM Field Trip – more info to come!
•1/16- pom pom game- 5pm- dressed and ready to go!
•1/20- No School
•1/22: TENTATIVE 100th day of school
Reminders:
•NO NAP MATS!!
•NO TOYS or STUFFED ANIMALS!!
•Don’t forget to be collecting box tops! Box tops=free money for LSC!!
•PLEASE don’t forget drinks in your kiddos lunchboxes to have a lunch time.
•If you have any gently loved uniforms that you’d like to get rid of please consider donating to the school. We have a $5 spot where anyone can come and purchase uniforms! 
•Please sign and return those “sign and return” papers asap. I use these to guide instruction and would love to have them back. If you want/need a copy let me know! I’ll be glad to send one! J
•PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE LABEL JACKETS!
Secret Tips:
•We are starting to move forward and going to really start manipulating words. The best thing we can do for our kiddos is to get them to hear sounds and be able to build words on their own. When working on spelling words and words in general make sure that you are giving them the letters and sounds instead of just   memorizing. When I give a test to them I will tell them that there are three   letters and three sounds (this will be important when we start adding in more     complicated sounds). I will then break it down one letter/sound at a time.
•Ex: cat – three letters and threes sound     c-a-t   They will write down one letter at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day One – April 13 th -     Reading Log: from here on out we will use this system. I know I keep changing it on you and I’m sorry!   I’m...