Sunday, February 2, 2020


Kindergarten Newsletter
February 3rd - February 7th 
We are in full swing with the second half of kindergarten. It has been an adjustment and not as easy as the kiddos thought it would be BUT I am confident that they can handle it. J The biggest change is not having an actual nap. That plays a huge part in their daily behavior. Please help me encourage them to hang in there and make sure they are doing their best work listening and following directions. Bad days do happen but it’s all about learning how to be little people! We are going to keep right one moving with our reading! I’m going to send home some sign and return papers. I’m so impressed with these little people. This week we will do short /a/ sounds all mixed up! So, instead of them being all the same ending they will be mixed up. It’s a little bit more of a challenge. We are also going to move into our plant unit. I do not know why our Open Court reading series puts this unit right in the middle of winter but I’ve found ways to make this work! It’s going to be a fun couple of weeks for sure! In math, we will be working with telling time to the hour. We’ve touched on this a little but it’s time to spend some time on it! We will continue working with numbers but will focus heavily on time. It’s going to be a GREAT week! 



Sight Words:
red, orange, yellow, the, a, green, blue, is, go, purple, pink, white, black, had, I , see, brown, he, and, gray, has, you, we, of, am, it, at, to, as, have, in, is, like, can, him, his, be, out, boy, they, one

Spelling Words: mat, ran, tap, tan, wag



Upcoming Events:
2/7: I’ll be out this day for a training class.
2/14: Valentine’s Day Party
2/17: No School: President’s Day
2/21: Scholastic Order Due: Please consider ordering!
2/22: Serra Blakey’s 6th Birthday!
3/2: Dr. Seuss’s Birthday!- Dr. Seuss Week!
3/9: I’ll be out for an appointment.
3/21: Emerson’s 6th Birthday!
3/23: SPRING BREAK!!!!

Reminders:
NO NAP MATS!!
NO TOYS or STUFFED ANIMALS!!
Don’t forget to be collecting box tops! Box tops=free money for LSC!!
If you have any gently loved uniforms that you’d like to get rid of please consider donating to the school. We have a $5 spot where anyone can come and purchase uniforms! 
Please sign and return those “sign and return” papers asap. I use these to guide instruction and would love to have them back. If you want/need a copy let me know! I’ll be glad to send one! J
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE LABEL JACKETS!

Secret Tips:
Readers use letter sound relationships to figure out words by looking at the letters and using the sounds they make. We can help them with this cueing system by asking the kiddos “Does it look right?”
We’ll start talking about Lips the Fish which is reminding the kiddos to get their lips ready for a word rather than just pausing and then guessing.
Stretchy Snake will come next. This encourages kiddos to stretch the word out (sound it out) instead of guessing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Day One – April 13 th -     Reading Log: from here on out we will use this system. I know I keep changing it on you and I’m sorry!   I’m...