Sunday, December 1, 2019


Kindergarten Newsletter
December 2nd – December 6th   
It’s upon us. THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR! This is going to be the LONGEST, HAPPIEST, and WILDEST 13 days of the year. The kids are going to be super pumped about Christmas and so am I! We are going to keep moving along with academic stuff along with having some good old fashioned Christmas fun. I added a handful of sight words and we’ll keep digging into numbers. My MAIN goal is reading is to make sure we have those letters and sounds down pat before we get out from Christmas break. I’m confident that we’ll be there. Mrs. Janice needs manger with doll, shepherd staffs, birthday cake, party hats, balloons for our play this week. If you have any of these things let me know. It is on Thursday at 6 p.m. Dress your kiddos in their festive Christmas outfits – unless you are a sheep. Then wear sheep colors. I’ll have consumes at the school. I’m sending home some gift exchange papers and a SECRET field trip paper. I’m super excited for this opportunity! I wanted to give us all time to get it all done. 

Sight Words:

red, orange, yellow, the, a, green, blue, is, go, purple, pink, white, black, had, I , see, brown, he, and, gray, has, you, we, of, am, it, at, to, as, have, in, is, can, his, him, on, did, girl
Letters/Sounds/Writing A-Z, rhyming words, differentiate between a letter, words, sentence, small/tall/fall letters, onset and rime, decoding and blending words, and beginning and ending sounds,
Numbers 0-20: id them, how to write them, making numbers to 10 in different ways, more and less, counting by 10’s, 5’s, and 2’s, counting backwards, fact families

Upcoming Events:
12/3: Eufaula Christmas Parade : Downtown : 5:00 p.m.
12/5: Christmas program in gym : 6:00 p.m.
12/6: Elf School: 5-8pm at Holy Redeemer Catholic Church
12/9: Pom Pom Practice – 3-4pm
12/10: Pom Pom Cheer at 5pm game in gym
12/13: Polar Express- more information to come
12/16: Big/Little Chief activity- gym- 1:20- more information to come
12/16: Christmas exchange gift due to school!
12/19: SECRET field trip to see Santa!  
12/20: Christmas party – more information to come
12/20: ½ day!
1/6: Students return to school

Reminders:
Don’t forget to be collecting box tops! Box tops=free money for LSC!!
PLEASE don’t forget drinks in your kiddos lunchboxes to have a lunch time.
If you have any gently loved uniforms that you’d like to get rid of please consider donating to the school. We have a $5 spot where anyone can come and purchase uniforms! 
Don’t forget to send nap mats back after we wash! J
Please sign and return those “sign and return” papers asap. I use these to guide instruction and would love to have them back. If you want/need a copy let me know! I’ll be glad to send one! J
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE LABEL JACKETS!

Secret Tips:
When you kiddos ask you “what does a 3 and 1 make?” They are beginning addition! We’ve been doing a lot of number sense activities with our numbers 0-10 and this is our next step!  
We are going to start cracking down on sight words and reading especially after Christmas!   My goal is for us to have all 26 letters and sounds at mastery by Christmas. As of right     now I have around half the class at or approaching mastery. During the month of December we are going to crack down and get those under our belts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Day One – April 13 th -     Reading Log: from here on out we will use this system. I know I keep changing it on you and I’m sorry!   I’m...